Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 0, The Last Supper

da Vinci, visipix.com
 After hosting a dozen people at my table during an extended weekend of company, I was forced to squeeze in another trip to the grocery store before my doctor's appointment. I wish I hadn't. By the time I left the office, the sun had fallen behind the hills, and I walked toward my car in a daze.  I needed to go shopping all over again.

Most of what filled the burgeoning bags in the back of my trunk were on the "not allowed" side of the goldenrod paper trembling in my hand.  Right away, my mind drifted toward the soft sesame bagels that I had selected for an easy dinner.

Despite 12 days of stomach pain, I decided that I wouldn't begin the much needed liver cleanse until after I enjoyed my last supper.

3 comments:

  1. Day by day, dear Kelly. Keep writing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did NO gluten, sugar, dairy, alcohol, caffeine, fermented products.... to cure candidiasis for almost a year - It worked:) I felt great after the initial adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My liver is smiling at your liver (and I am smiling about the goldenrod instruction page from BNC?? :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your voice to the blog!