Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 15, The Thanksgiving Anomaly


Is it me or do the words Thanksgiving and "diet" NOT go together?

My extended family is appalled that I "intend" to stick to my cleanse today, but what else can I do? Just have a little stuffing, they say.  But if I do, it will be all over.  I didn't come this far to give up now, and I don't want to have to do this all over again for a very long time--not to mention a time of my choosing.


Who would choose to cleanse at Thanksgiving, some ask; but I didn't choose it, I say, it chose me.

So... there must be some other dieters out there today; some other unlucky cleansers; those who can't ever eat gluten or dairy or imbibe in caffeine or alcohol. How are you faring?

Sure, it's only 8:00 am, so who knows how we'll all do; but from this vantage point, it seems possible to keep my eye on the long-term goal while forgoing fleeting culinary pleasures.

Now that I've typed it, however, I'm not so sure I agree--particularly when the even the clip art of pumpkin pie is calling my name.

I do have my doctor's permission to let loose a bit today.  I'm just not so sure I can face tomorrow if I do.


How about you?

ps. I just had to share this cookbook because it sounds so terrible. What's the point of holidays without fat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your voice to the blog!